The combination of adrenaline, idyllic Wicklow surroundings and the satisfaction of catching your first few waves ensures that you'll have an unforgettable experience with us here at Brittas Bay Surf School on the East Coast of Ireland!
First time surfers can expect to learn the easiest and correct methods of standing up on a surfboard, basic surfing techniques, safe board handling in the water, and general water safety awareness – essential knowledge and skills for taking your personal surfing to the next level.
Some places may not care less about safety and accreditation, but just so you know, we pride ourselves on offering the most professional surf lessons & coaching sessions with a dedicated small student/instructor ratio that keeps safety as its top priority – right next to you having fun, that is. We use soft safe ISA Approved surfboards that are easy to learn on and keep you warm with 5/3mm Billabong wetsuits. (Booties, hoods and gloves are also used from November until March). All of our instructors are fully qualified in either a level 1 or level 2 surf coaching, are qualified beach lifeguards and have a certificate in child protection.
There really is nothing quite like catching that very first wave!
NOTE: Sometimes we like to take photographs of our surf lessons in action! These photos may be used on our website, in our literature or on our Facebook page. If you would prefer not to have your photo taken, that's no problem just let us know!
|Kids (8 - 16)
|School Tours||See School Tours|
|Group Surf Lessons||See Groups|
|Private Surf Lesson (1:1)
Surf Lesson Time:
- Choose from either 10am or 2pm. Extra daily sessions may be available, so just ask!
Surf Lesson Includes:
- All tuition and equipment (surfboard, wetsuit, booties). We use 5/3mm wetsuits all year around to ensure you stay warm!
- An introduction to surfing with equipment overview, wave/sea assessment. If you've already covered the basics, we'll tailor the session to suit your needs.
- 20 min land coaching + 60 min in the water
- Allow 2 hours from start to finish
What to bring:
- Bathers/swimming costume to wear underneath your wetsuit.
How to book:
- EASY - Just phone us on 086 739 6010 to book your place.