Stand Up Paddleboarding, abbreviated as SUP, is a new and exciting sport. Stand up paddleboarding has origins in West Africa and in Polynesia and now people are paddling on rivers, lakes, and oceans all over the world. It is accessible to a wide range of people and a great way to get fit, explore the seas and surf the ocean.
SUP uses a large stable surf type board with plenty of width and volume. Starting in a standing position a long single ended paddle can be used to propel the board forwards. Stand up paddleboarding is currently one of the fastest growing watersports in the world and Wicklow & the East Coast of Ireland is one of the best locations to discover this new exhilarating experience.
|Kids (8 - 16)
||Please phone for quote|
|Private SUP Lesson (1:1)
SUP Lesson Time:
- Choose from either 10am or 2pm. Extra daily sessions may be available, so just ask!
SUP Lesson Includes:
- All tuition and equipment
- An introduction to SUP covering:
- Equipment overview
- Wave & Sea or River/Lake Assessment
- Kneeling & standing on your SUP
- Paddling techniques
- Balancing on your SUP
- If you've already covered the basics, we'll tailor the session to suit your needs.
- 20 min land coaching + 90 min in the water
- Allow 2 hours from start to finish
We run SUP classes daily at Brittas Bay but also Thursday evenings 6.30pm at Killiney beach. Get a group together for some fun and fitness!